Thursday, March 3, 2011

God Heard My Prayer Today


Now I know God hears my prayer’s every day, but today, I really felt he was paying attention to me as I said a prayer for my son who is in serious harm’s way right now, you know, that part of the world where everyone is demonstrating with violence all around. No sooner than I finished my prayer, a simple prayer, that went something like this:



“Dear Lord, I know you hear from me every day and I am always asking for so many thing related to our troops, my son, and my granddaughters. Well, I have not heard from my son, Milt III, you know the one who has been over there (God knows just where I speak of) going on nine years now and it’s been a while since I have heard from him. I know you are very busy with trying to fix what is wrong here in this great land you left in our care, and we have not really kept our end of the bargain lately, have we? I try not to call on you for things for myself, but after losing our youngest son, Wayne, Milt is all we have left, so I get a little anxious when we don’t hear from him, knowing what he does, after all, I did the same thing myself for over 20 years, but never have spent nine years in such danger. So, if I call on you to have him let us know he is Ok, forgive me for my selfishness, just an old soldier who really is worried about his son. More than that, I watch Val, his mother; “tear up” as we finish our nightly prayers, knowing the deep concern she has for her very special son. Milt is one of the most giving and kind human beings that I have ever known, you made him special, as you did Wayne, who you took home to you. So as I watch my loving wife, who knows the danger our son is now in, I am asking you only to let him call, or email, to let us know that he is alright. Please Dear Lord, while you look after all those young men and women serving all over the world, take a moment and check in on Milt, nudge him to call, if he can, and just allow another beautiful gift you gave me, my sweet Val, let her smile and know her, our, wonderful son is OK. I’ll try not to center my prayers on our own concerns, I know so many moms and dad, and family members all over are just as afraid for their loved ones as we are. God bless our troops and God bless all those serving all over the world for this great country you left in our hands. Keep them safe, and bring as many as you can back home to those who love them so much. I talk to you later tonight, when Val and I will kneel with heads lowered, as we ask again for your loving and caring spirit to watch over those we all love so much. Thank you Lord, thank you for all you have given already to two of your humble children. And whatever you answer, we know you are there, and we know that you care. Amen”



Well, and I made the sign of the cross, ending my prayer, the phone rang, and yes, it was our son, calling only to let us know he is OK, and for us not to worry so much, and then he had to go. We are used to that, but never take it for granted, never think for one moment God may take our son rather than have him call us so we don’t worry. God has always been good to us, so I dare not complain, I can and did say another short prayer to our Father in heaven, and it was simple, something like this:



“Thank you dear lord, again you brought comfort to us as you always do. Val and I will always know where your love comes from, and will always know where it is, your loving and very grateful old soldier and his loving wife, Amen.”




No comments:

Post a Comment