Tuesday, December 22, 2009

From My "Gregory's Two Americas" (NWW)


Christmas has always been a major part of Val’s and my life, as demonstrated in my column # 25. As you know from previous columns, from Harrogate England, we had the wonderful experience and opportunity to spend a couple of years in Greece, even through the overthrow of King Constantine, life again was an adventure, already told! Vietnam followed, then a short stay at Ft. Gordon, in Augusta, Georgia, soon followed by our tour in Asmara Ethiopia. One adventure after another, life was always exciting for Val and I, soon joined by our first son, Born in Turkey, June of 1967, and another son born in Asmara Ethiopia, December of 1970.


Wayne would be our last child, but the two sons we were blessed with would both be examples that were straight out of “My America”, which was the one that I praise and brag about as the other America was filled with a darkness that would only bring stress and concern about the future of the only America that I loved, thought about, and spent my time in the military intelligent field defending. To watch the changes taking place brings tears to my eyes each time I think about how good it was, and really still is, only harder to examine now a days.Yesterday I was watching the Glenn Beck show on FOX News and heard something that sent chills up my spine. Now I know that Glenn Beck is an opinion orientated show, but his comments on what I am about to say were supported by what he (Glenn Beck) called “Three very reliable sources” and appeared to be truly deeply concerned about it himself. He was convincing and believable.


What he indicated, and I will paraphrase, was that the President of the United States has attempted and may have succeeded in using intimidation, of a magnitude never even imagined in the past, to cause a member of congress to vote for the current far left extremist Health Care Bill, or our President and Commander in Chief will close down a SAC “Strategic Air Command” Air Force Base. Now if this true, and the indication is that it is true, although denied by that member of Congress who the alleged intimation was used against. My father was on the SAC IG Team, (Inspector General Team that inspected the SAC bases which based the aircraft, with their crews, were on 24 hour alert, ready to be in the air in a very short (classified information relative to this so I will be intentionally vague about this subject) period of time.) The inspections were, I can’t answer for the current requirements as my father passed away two years ago at the age of 89, unannounced and was a career ender for any SAC base Commander who failed the inspection, which further could cause immediate relief of his command. I remember that when my brothers and sisters were mostly in our teens, but actually any age, but since there were six of us, only some of us were in our teens at any one time, were not allowed to call any of our friends who might be on any SAC base to ensure that the unannounced inspection was not compromised.


I also recall that my father actually failed a commander that he once worked for in past years, and were close friends with that commander. Oh, my father was a very proud and professional, dedicated, patriot, who never allowed his personal opinion or feelings interfere with job on the IG team, and my dad was a true professional I can assure you.The source came from three reliable sources, one being a “Senate Staff Aid” and the others were just indicated as “very reliable”. The Senator who is alleged to have been intimidated is Nebraska’s “Ben Nelson” who has denied the allegation, reported by the Weekly Standard’s Michael Goldfarb. The Base and basic info follows:SAC Bases: Offutt Air Force BaseLocation: Omaha, NebraskaHome of: SAC Headquarters, 55th Strategic Recon Wing, 385th Bomb WingStatus: Headquarters of U.S. Strategic CommandLinks: Offutt AFB, U.S. Strategic Command Command CenterGo to: http://www.strategic-air-command.com/bases/Offutt_AFB.htm for more information about Offutt Air Force Base.Go to: http://mediamatters.org/blog/200912160014 for more information on this incredible story now breaking.If there is the slightest truth to this incident, not only is “My America” in danger, but “Gregory’s Two Americas” are both in serious jeopardy and every American should be more outraged than I could ever indicate on paper.


The seriousness of this issue is of such a magnitude that if found to be true I cannot think of anything more dangerous to this nation’s National Security and should be an absolute cause for a call for impeachment, if not sufficient cause for criminal charges and “Treason” would not be out of question as to the charge to be made. I am at a loss as to what is happening to our country, have we lost all our values that “Power, and hunger for money” trump this nation’s National Security, along with its prestige as “The” country to emulate by most of the free world. This is a story that should be investigated by every News Media, along with all Federal Agencies involved with the protection of this country.With Christmas just around the corner, it breaks my heart to write my column, reporting such powerful negative news on the world stage. I admit, I am a long lived conservative and this news is of such concern to me I felt it would be negligent on anyone’s part, to include mine, not to report and verify the substance of any information to give credence or discredit this breaking story of corruption at the highest level.


No matter what your political views are, we must never put our personal views or agendas in front of any information that would be fatal to the security interests of this nation. As I consider the ramifications of what is being reported, I can only think of how much has taken place in such a short time, over the past eleven months, and the impact of these matters on America’s standing in the world as a Nation once thought of as the peace keepers of the world. Where did we go wrong, what has happened that so much has changed relative to our moral and ethical direction? Have we all given up and capitulated to the evil of those who only consider power and money as their “God”, caring little what happens to the citizens of our country, and the integrity of the greatest document ever conceived by man. It’s called “The Constitution of the United States of America”.As my heart grows heavier with each word I write in this column, I must bring it to a close. As I end today’s column, I pray that what I highlighted, the intimidation of any elected official, by anyone, but especially the White House Administration, which would include the President of the United States, proves to be just a story without merit.


Please join me in this prayer, regardless of which party or political leanings, that this incredible allegation be proven, unquestionably proven to be without merit or substance. What the alternative is far exceeds the allegations to have value or truth, no matter how slight. When I started my column “Gregory’s Two Americas” I never dreamed that one day, in only twenty six writings, my heart would be cracked with a subject bringing a fear for not only the economic security of this great country, but the actual basis for fear of witnessing the end of “My America”, and also the “Other America”, the one I am not filled with joy thinking about. The importance of this story outweighs anything going on at the Capital, only days away from what we should be celebrating, the birth of our savior, and the celebration of the Christ Child’s entrance into the world his father created, part of that world is without question, “Gregory’s Two Americas”. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment