Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On Bended Knee..



On bended knee, and looking down,
I pray the lord soon will be found
By those who fear what freedom brings,
our constitution and other things

I lift my head and thank my God
For loving me, and then I nod
As I understand that what we know
Others miss, so we must show

And should we fail to make them see
All that’s good in you and me
Then at least I know that we have tried
And being us, we can take pride

You lose and I have won
Is what they say, and then they run
They fear the truth that we all know
The truth we’re not afraid to show

The lies they lived so very long
Brings no comfort to those so wrong
The blood that was shed for you and I
Gives them the right to live their lie

On bended knee, with my head down
New life in freedom we have found
Our prayers are heard so understand
we will win new freedom for this land

I am no longer on my bended knee
I trust in God as he allows me to see
That what we lost today will not last
November’s coming and our votes will be cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment